7/16/08

Lame Am I?

I got too excited in updating my blogs, friendster and imeem that it got me into a situation were I almost got fired—I was late!

Thank God no one called my attention, well, good thing my manager was not yet around. Thank God. Hehehe

Rest of the Day?

The rest of my shit, I mean shift didn’t do well except for one thing which I will share as soon as I’m done sharing how sleepy I am with my calls. Anyways, yeah, the rest of my shift didn’t do well, because I woke up earlier than expected feeling a bit restless and sluggish that I almost fell asleep inside the pantry station during my lunch break, not to mention the long calls I got from a grand daddy that is too apologetic by saying “Oh please be patient with me, I’m old so I’m not really that savvy” thing, which took us 2 hours because he can’t find the box where he needs to type in his UN & PW. (laughing out loud)

Disclaimer?

I’m not laughing at the old man, I’m not..i’m not.. I’m laughing at my situation that I wasn’t able to lead the customer to the right section.Was it really me or the customer? Well, I’m just laughing at our situation that’s all it was.

Progress?

You know how it is in the production when let’s say in 30 minutes you’ll be logging off and you pray to your Gods and Goddesses’ to route the call to the vicious agent beside you. Hehehe. I was not in that situation fortunately, my situation was it’s 30mins before my log off time and because of my extended hours of phone time I missed my last break and SO even though I’m 30 minutes away from pressing the log out button I was hoping to take advantage of my last break, I was about to hit aux 3 when a call came in and consumed the 15 minutes I have for my break. How Great is that.

Bad thing?

Ahh, well, just when I thought that my day was a disaster something good happened. Others may think of this as “mababaw” but not for me. The customers’ reason for calling was he can’t connect to the Internet; I don’t know what triggered me to asked the right questions but I was able to figure out that customer was using a third party router and it was the reason that he can't surf to the internet. (Now I’m beginning to sound like my trainer. Hehehe) Going back, I was able to establish that when router is not connected to the modem there is a connection but with the router installed there’s none so to rectify the situation we configured the modem by doing a bridged mode and we were in the process of configuring the third party router when customer destroyed my momentum by saying that he doesn’t know his UN & PW for the router.

I almost cried out loud but since he gave me no further option but to give the toll free number for the router and gave him detailed troubleshooting steps once he’s logged in inside the router’s interface. Customer was happy. J

Lame thing?

Am I? You know I’m just a simple person who like’s simple things, whatever makes me happy may it be good or bad as long as I’m happy with it expect me to be the first in line. Maybe I am that lame or maybe not. But it was really a good way of ending my shift. In spite of everything going wrong I was able to focus on the good side of my worst case scenario. hehehe

Moreover, I learned something with asking the right questions. I wasn’t expecting to resolve a third party issue considering that I was not taking my PST seriously. It’s a good sign, I think. Hope this is the start of something good for me. It’s been awhile, you know.

No Pressure?

Honestly, the long calls that I got and ALL fueled too much stress into my day. Don’t get me wrong, no, I’m not complaining, God knows how thankful I am with this fortune that I got considering the-not-so-good-stuff that happened 6 months ago. I’m thankful, that’s it.

I guess I’m being harsh to myself again. I know, change, change… I’m embracing change but it may take sometime to effect though. Hehehe

It’s 4:04 pm and 3 hours from now I need to log in and take in calls. Gtg.

Ciao!

No comments: