6/15/04

Ode to Ally Mcbeal

Many have been asking me questions of why am I so drawn to Ally
Mcbeal.

I just respond to them by saying "Don't ask why!" with a smile.
(Laughs) What? Will they understand me if I tell them that Ally
Mcbeal inspired me to be a better person no matter what or rather no
matter how rough the road is? I don't think so. That's why I just
smile every time somebody ask me questions about my addiction to her.

If my memory is still intact, I started watching her since 1998 and
back then I was still in high school playing the good old boys game.
During those days I don't remember anyone of my classmates like Ally
Mcbeal. They find her monotonous to watch for. Or maybe they just
can't relate in every way of her persona. But as for me, I guess the
name Ally Mcbeal will always be a general timeless truth that my so-
called everyday will not be absolute without watching her or just
listen to her music. Again, don't ask why!

Seriously, her whimsical character and her neurotic ways of facing
her struggles in life give me the reason to hold on to her show. I
may sound absurd which by the way I am, (laughs) but during those
times that I had no one to look up to, it was her character, that
molded my heart and mind to believe that love still does exist, in
every corners of our heart, to every human beings that we encounter.
Ally Mcbeal stands most of being a woman. What can I say she's
emotional, she's a woman? Like her famous phrase in the show; "I am
human, I'm temperamental, and I'm guilty." She's not afraid of
expressing her true self. A tough woman that once in a blue moon you
can compare to no one nowadays. But behind those stiffness and perky
personality that we see from her, is a woman who searches for
someone, to her "maybe" and the Omar Shariff of her life. The guy who
just walks into her door. The guy that will love her for who and what
she is.

Needless to say, every episode truly is a funny bounce of the ball
for me. Every time and every effort that I sacrifice is not washed
out, consequently, a lesson about love, and life is what the end of
every episode leaves me.

Not only Ally Mcbeal gives life to the show but also the other cast
with their different personalities, such as Renee, Ally's best friend
and room mate who sometimes serve as ally's therapist for free. Vonda
Shepard, the pitcher, the one and the only exclusive singer who gives
life to their gatherings at the bar after work. The promiscuous
Elaine, Ally's secretary and the attention-catcher in the group. The
sub-zero Nell Porter, the biggest fraud with a big heart. Leng,
played by Lucy Lui, Asian lawyer that was characterized by Nell as a
short, exotic lady who bites because of her tiger look eyes. Richard
Fish, The senor partner whose perspectives in life is all about sperm
and piles, and piles of money. He was famous in the show for
his "fishism quotes and bygones." John Cage, Ally's counterpart, also
known as "the biscuit" because of his weird and odd tricks in the
courtroom. Georgia Thomas, Billy's wife. That's it! Home wrecker.
Hahaha. Ironic huh! And last but not the least, the original love
interest of Ally Mcbeal, the guy she fell in love with when she was
seven years old. The bottom's that she sniffed with. And the reason
for her going to law school. Billy. Hush! Balls! Why didn't they end
up together?

Ally Mcbeal show no longer exists but the essence and the transition
that she made into my perspectives in life will always be in my
heart. I owe her a lot for the changes that take place into my own
values about love, life and the "it" thing. (Laughs). For as long as
I experience opportunities I will always look back to her and thank
God for having her in my life.

Like what I always say, Ally Mcbeal does not exist in reality but in
every hearts of human creature that searches for the right love. In
every corner of our persona, in every hearts of a stranger in this
world. Ally Mcbeal is you, you is Ally Mcbeal.

I'll end this one by saying a phrase from the show itself, Ally
Mcbeal;

"The world is no longer romantic place, but some of its people are
however, and therein lays a promise of faith. Don't let the world win
Ally Mcbeal. Don't let the world win."

No comments: