8/11/08

Inevitable

This is my last day for ATT DSL which means that the change that i've been blabbing about for the last 2 months is gonna take place on Tuesday afternoon. I feel sad and happy about it at the same time..sad because i'm in the stage where i'm already getting the hang of how the account works and all that stuff of doing some troubleshooting then all of a sudden i'm slap in the face with a FYI that the account is gonna ramp down because we need to give back something that really belongs to the Americans which is I perfectly understand.

But when the news was cascaded to us I admit that I felt a sudden fear, it made me think thoroughly about my future because what will happen to me if say the US government pass a repatriation act demanding all outsourcing companies to pull out their businesses back to the United States? From what I was told that is not going to happen since the cost of labor is quite expensive,but who knows? "The only thing that is inevitable in this world is change." Things might change in what 2 years, 5, or tomorrow! And if ever that happens where will I go? Will I get the same compensation and benefits from the local companies that we have here? I haven't finished college, unfortunately, but because i've always been the type of person who craves for more knowledge I read and read alot, and it helped me developed my communication skills which helps me communicate with different types of customers.

Looking on the bright side, we will be supporting the same name ATT but we will handle the premium account that they have which is somewhat the same from our previous account except that it's like a personalized cable tv with the use of fiber optics (TIVO). I'm excited...I am..for the reason that all of us are back to zero, even the tenured ones, which means that I will have an edge this time, the level of knowledge and understanding will be the same which will give me a chance to go up to the ladder. Hope I make it..

Well, it's my off now,i'm tired, last day was queueing, alot of calls came in as if I was taking calls back when I was still with Capital One. I'm really tired..need to go home, and prepare for tuesdays training.

It's 10:48 AM, 08/10/08. I'm out now!

No comments: